Thursday, January 7, 2016

No Entry

One of the benefits of working in a city is the opportunity to wander the streets at lunch time. In Adelaide, there are lots of interesting spaces and places within a short walk of the CBD. Rather than spending half an hour trying to figure out what to have for lunch, I would pack a sandwich, eat it at my desk and then head out onto the streets.

On one such lunch time, I wandered down a small side street located between Grenfell Street and Rundle Mall. I was heading for the nearby Botanic Gardens, but noticed an interesting light being reflected onto the building walls, which piqued my interest. Up a little further was a bicycle chained to a No Entry sign, with the reflected light of the background wall.

I was sporting my Olympus 35SP, loaded with trusty HP5+, but with its 43mm lens I had difficulty getting back far enough to get everything in. I had to back up tightly against the opposite wall to get everything in. The 35SP viewfinder is not exactly 100%, so the resulting negative had space to spare. I no longer have the Olympus. It was a really nice camera to use, but my copy had a few issues, so I ended up departing ways with it. It was later replaced with a Canon Canonet QL17 GIII.

No Entry
Olympus 35SP, Ilford HP5+, Unrecorded

No comments:

Post a Comment